Be part of the community’s living room. Work at the Fairfield Free Public Library.
Library Director – Fairfield Free Public Library
The Fairfield Free Public Library Board of Trustees is searching for a creative, dynamic, experienced leader to serve as Library Director.
We are a suburban library with an enthusiastic public. We are looking for an energetic person to enhance our programs and continue our involved presence in the community.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science, (MLS/MLIS/MI) from a graduate library program accredited by the American Library Association
• Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a supervisory position in a public library
• Excellent leadership and communication skills including the ability to supervise and motivate library staff and volunteers
• Ability to work effectively with library trustees, elected officials, and community groups
• Ability to utilize technological innovations and trends in a digital library
• Experience in developing yearly budgets and projections
• Sound public speaking skills required
• Solid fundraising and grant-writing skills preferred
• Ability to speak a foreign language a plus
Is commensurate with experience and meets NJLA minimum salary recommendation for MLS/MLIS/MI holders
How to Apply:
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
The Fairfield Free Public Library is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability.
(Temporary) Part-Time Children’s Librarian
Fairfield Free Public Library
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated temporary part-time children’s librarian who believes in providing excellent customer service to children, teens, and parents. The successful candidate must be welcoming, hardworking, and knowledgeable about children’s literature and reader’s advisory, with experience developing and conducting children’s programming and storytime.
MLS/MLIS (Master of Library Science Degree) from an ALA accredited library school or completion of 12 credits towards the degree; Experience working with children and teenagers (birth – 12th grade) and parents; Ability to provide reference, research, and reader’s advisory service; Experience in collection development and ordering materials for children and teenagers; A hands-on, working knowledge of digital services; Desire to work as a team and collaborate with co-workers on projects and programs; Experience developing and conducting innovative programs, including summer reading; Experience supervising library staff
Schedule: Temporary timeline: February 3, 2020 – July 2, 2020
28 hours per week, which includes every third Saturday and one evening per week
Starting Salary: Is commensurate with experience and meets NJLA minimum salary recommendation for MLS/MLIS holders
To Apply: Reply with resume and cover letter to: Fairfield Public Library at firstname.lastname@example.org, Fairfield Free Public Library, 261 Hollywood Avenue, Fairfield, NJ 07004
The Fairfield Free Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application for Employment